Monday 8 February 2010

7th Feb 2010

Half your age plus 5


Half your age plus 5

I thought one of the basic ‘rules’ for dating is that the youngest the other person should be is half your age plus 5.

So Jude shouldn’t (by the random rule I once heard) be dating anyone under 19 years old.

Either way – I’m well with David on Jude and Pip’s relationship being a worry. Not necessarily morally wrong – just a bit ... well, worrying.

What on earth does a 28 year old ‘man’ find attractive or interesting (etc) about a 16 year old?!?

Being very general and stereotypical here – but teenagers tend to be very self-centred, introspective, moody and rather lacking in conversational skills.

I know Jude might be just after the more obvious ‘charms’. But, with Pip only turning just 17 (and a full 11 years between them), I’d put Jude into the Humbert category if that were the case.

Of course, I could have Jude completely wrong (hard to tell when he hasn’t spoken yet), and he might be a very immature 28 years old.

And I haven’t forgotten that Pip isn’t just an innocent bystander in all of this

BUT she’s not exactly the type of 17 year old that has experienced enough to cope with an adult relationship.

No comments: