Monday 14 June 2010

14th June 2010

That’s where the fire engine went … Matt’s nice to Brenda … Camp Grundy has a new plan … welcome to ‘Bruce the relief manager’ …Sid - not out of sight, out of mind

  • How clean was their cage?
  • I think I’d have preferred the Grundy’s Open Farm Sunday
  • Do we think Clarrie was embarrassed or murderous?
  • Has Brenda been taking ‘street talk’ lessons off of Jude?
  • Camp Grundy Plan B
  • Kenton’s only the boyfriend
  • The best shin dig The Bull’s ever seen


How clean was their cage?


Wasn’t that lovely hearing Eddie go all soft over his and Joe’s ferrets, Kim and Aggie.

They sound like happy, clean ferrets indeed.

“Give daddy a cuddle”

Aw – cute Eddie!


I think I’d have preferred the Grundy’s Open Farm Sunday

Arguments with punters – kids falling into compost - handbrake left off tractor – which then rolled into Clarrie's cake table - punters having to dive out the way – Barbarella (the sow) got spooked – took off and knocked over their only camper’s camping stove – who was luckily away for a piddle – tent goes on fire – Barbarella nearly becomes “smoky baking” – fire engine on the scene – and Clarrie “yet to see the funny side”

Or – a “squeaky clean” “wholesome family event” at the Archers?



Do we think Clarrie was embarrassed or murderous?

She warned them. She baked for them. Then they ran over her baking with a tractor.

I reckon Clarrie will definitely have murder in mind.


Has Brenda been taking ‘street talk’ lessons off of Jude?

“Must be a bummer”
“Whatever. I’ve moved on”

Hmmm. You must really ‘wow’ the clients with that grasped of the English language, PR guru lady!


Is Matt really being nice?

So, has Matt really changed, and is an all-round nice chap with a conscience?

As I heard him apologising to Brenda – I thought maybe.
But, then she made much lightness of Brenda’s belief that she’s more than a lackey

(“they really valued my input” *snort*)

And his interest in her was a bit suspicious.

What does Matt have in mind?


Camp Grundy Plan B


So Camp Grundy has gone from a rural retreat, to a biker’s meet

(see what I did there)

So Fat Paul’s biker mates are heading to Ambridge.
“It’s been put it onto the computer and everything”

Oh I hope Lynda gets her voice back soon. She’s not going to be a happy bunny …


Kenton’s only the boyfriend

So that’s why he didn’t drive them to the airport.

Huh?


The best shin dig The Bull’s ever seen


From an initial Thursday night minute silence … to making some noise!

Sounds grand.

I just wonder who might reappear to toast Sid …

8 comments:

Rosalie said...

I didn't listen to The Archers until a few months ago but I have deep suspicions about everything Matt says or does.... he is definitely on the make in some way. How much of 'Bruce the relief manager' do you think we'll get before he trundles off into obscurity?

Anonymous said...

Wow! You must be the person I'm looking for to answer a question that's been bothering me. Who ghost-writes the tweets from all the Archers cast? Fans? Writers? Publicity people? They're often much more entertaining than an entire episode...

Inga McVicar said...

Hello!

Just my opinion - but I think the majority of them are fans. What ho fun!

Denys said...

i actually find the tweets by Ambridge residents to be annoying and full of spoilers. i've unfollowed most of them because if i'm just a few hours behind in hearing the Archers podcast, they ruin the episode for me.

plus, average fans have no idea what the writers have in mind for characters, conflicts, plotlines, etc... and their attempt to add verisimilitude by carrying on those conflicts on twitter often don't jibe with what we hear on the show the next day.

unfortunately, it's a trend that's not likely to stop soon, as every day another one turns up. i, for one, won't be following any of them though.

Inga McVicar said...

Fair do. Spoilers are a tough one - with podcasts and iplayer, everyone seems to be on their own Ambridge timescale. I try to stick to the hashtags (#archers and #TheArchers), so that folks can just avoid my tweets, but there are ways and means.

I do think some of the residents are good fun, but know what you mean about them not always making sense.

Anonymous said...

Hello - anonymous here again. Sorry I missed your reply till now. Never got the hang of blogs. (Oi can remember when the internet were all text!)

Anonymous said...

A little Archers feature from the Adam and Joe show - worth a listen: http://www.box.net/shared/0us2o3ku53

Inga McVicar said...

Cheers anon!