Wednesday 21 July 2010

20th July 2010

The Archers: Jamie’s birthday … Jolene’s lost … Everyone needs Pat’s advice … Kathy and Kenton arguing

  • Joe’s up to new tricks
  • “Kenton and I will try and get on with a whole 2 hours”
  • Pat’s the solace for middle aged women
  • Jolene – no-where to go, and nothing to do



Joe’s up to new tricks


Joe’s been selling ‘garden fresh’ veg in the Village shop, which only seems to be available when he’s there.

Susan’s gonnae catch you!


“Kenton and I will try and get on with a whole 2 hours”

Well, they failed miserably.

Did they seriously think Jamie didn’t notice them arguing when they were off to the side at the bowling?

Poor chap. What an awful birthday.

And what a palaver over the New Zealand trip to see Kenton’s daughter Meriel!

Fist Kenton wants to go – Kathy doesn’t – now Kenton doesn’t want to go – but Kathy does.

Dear me.

I have been on Kathy’s side so far, but she’s proving to be impossible.

As much as I agree with her that Kenton is putting Jaxx before anything else, she can’t emotionally blackmail him. If he doesn’t see Meriel this year, what’s the big deal? He hasn’t seen her in years anyway.

And while Kenton is indeed overtly defensive, I can’t really blame him when all Kathy does is attack.

“I’m going to have to make some difficult choices”

Reckons Kenton.

I wouldn’t be betting on them being together for Christmas.


Pat’s the solace for middle aged women

First Kathy, then Jolene, then back to Kathy again.

Pat’s got broad shoulders indeed.

She’ll need them for her own family, soon enough.


Jolene – no-where to go, and nothing to do


“Whatever I do – wherever I go – I just miss him more and more”

It’s annoying clichéd advice, but oh so true – it’ll just take time.

No comments: