Sunday 29 January 2012

Brian shouts at Adam 26.01.12

The Archers Thursday 26th January 2012

  • Tom’s sausages make Tony furious
  • Open heart surgery in the dairy
  • Brian did want a higher profile …
  • Brian has a word with Adam


Tom’s sausages make Tony furious

Tom is still away.

So when Kenton called to get yet more sausages (Farmhouse Breakfast Week must be massive at Jaxx!), it was Tony who had to take them over.

As if he didn’t have enough to do …

When Tom does get back, it seems his pork ready meals are a goer.

Infact, he’s off to see an “upmarket café” in Felpersham for his launch.

Which means he can’t do the milking.

Again.

If I was him, I’d start charging Tom for my time!


Open heart surgery in the dairy

Is what Pat reckons the inspectors could do. If the fancy took them. It’s that clean.

And her faith in her and Clarrie’s cleaning proves to be right – they got a 5 star rating.

Pat’s world is truly on the up,


Brian did want a higher profile …

Jennifer was agreeing with Brian that he does need to be seen around the village, talking to folks, dispelling myths about the Super Dairy (and the like), when Brian opened the Echo.

He’s not a happy bunny.

Seems there’s yet another article about the Super Dairy. Not remotely positive, 2 whole columns AND a picture of Adam.

[Brian] “Read it yourself Jenny. Read it and weep!” 


Brian has a word with Adam

[Brian] “Adam, can I have a word? You could have kept your mouth shut …”

Seems the newspaper article went along the lines of:

Mega Dairy causes Mega row – Home not so sweet at Home farm. Family feud, father and son at loggerheads

And Adam was quoted as saying:

I think this is completely the wrong direction to take and I’ve told my father so

Adam claims he didn’t say that. They must have added to the radio interview.

[Brian] “How could you be so stupid!”

And there’s more – someone (not names) from Brian’s “extended family” said:

We’re all against it, Brian’s on his own with this one

Course – Brian has already guessed it’s Tony or Pat. He reckons probably Pat, for sure.

Back onto shouting at Adam:

[Brian] “You should never have said anything at all. How could you be so naive!”

[Adam, sounding truly apologetic] “I’m sorry … I never meant for this to happen …”

[Brian] “Why couldn’t you just keep your stupid opinions to yourself?”

[Adam, now angry] “Because they’re not stupid, and I’m not the only one who thinks like this! … People who are very knowledgeable about farming don’t like your plans, and you’re going to have to deal with it!”

[Brian] “I can and I will … you’re the only one on the Home farm team who does, I can deal with outside opposition, but being stabbed in the back by a member of my own family, that’s a different matter altogether”

Ouch.

Later on, to Jennifer:

[Brian] “All it proves he’s a dangerously loose cannon … he’s entitled to his opinion, but if that opinion is so important to him he’s going to express it without thinking through the consequences for his family and this farm, well, quite frankly, I don’t know where that leaves us … I don’t know how we can go on working together … he keeps undermining every single thing I do … it's impossible, and please don’t tell me I don’t mean that. I can’t cope with you defending Adam to me Jenny, not at the moment. Can we just not talk it, please”

Husband or son?

No comments: