Monday 24 May 2010

23rd May 2010

  • Matt gets all angry
  • … but if you want to leave a message, that’s cool
  • Then Matt chooses to ignore it


Matt gets all angry

I know Matt doesn’t have a majority of fans out there, but I’ll admit I took a lot of pleasure hearing him get back to his old feisty self. Especially as it was directed at Paul (I just can’t seem to find anything to like about him).

Starting out with ‘stay away from Lilian’

Moving onto ‘I know that your plan is’

Then bringing in the insults:

“Are you deaf as well as stupid!?!”

Matt’s had the best stab yet at working out what Paul’s cunning plan could have been. It does make sense that he could have known that Matt was in prison (though the newspapers and his local contacts). The ‘family’ knew that Matt and Lilian had money. So what better time to head over and offer a comforting shoulder?

But is that true?

Paul didn’t seem to be ‘dripping poison’, but do we think that his last minute attempt to pry Lilian away from Matt was genuine? Or was that just another step in a much longer plan???

I think so. When Matt pushed Paul though saying:

“A more red blooded male might have tried to get her into bed”

and ascertaining that he wouldn’t have even had the chance,

Paul came back with

“You think I didn’t?”

Now that’s hardly the words of a man who genuinely loves Lilian. If he did, he wouldn’t be trying to cause problems for her, especially through mentioning the night at the hotel.

I think that’s an attempt to put his cunning plan into action – or am I being cynical? Does he just want Matt to dump Lilian so that he can be with her?

Maybe it’s not just Matt who takes after their mum. There’s more than one way to be a bully, and protect your own interests. I don’t think Paul is as white as he paints himself to be.


… but if you want to leave a message, that’s cool

Oh my giddy aunt – I don’t think I can find any new way to express what an utter wanker Jude is.

Pip has to get a grip soon – her ability to find excuses for Jude’s behaviour must be starting to ring false even to herself.

She’s also starting to sound like him mum. A grown man shouldn’t need to be told he could have borrowed a mobile to call her – and a grown man shouldn’t have left his behind because he was so giddily excited to be going away with his mates.

Silly lass is now going clubbing the night before an exam, just to keep a complete waste-of-space-manboy like Jude interested.

Oh the shame. The shame …


Then Matt chooses to ignore it
“It enough for me to see why it would be hard for him to say goodbye”

As expected, Matt’s worked out that there was more to Lilian and Paul than just family.

He’s right that Lilian was lonely and needed someone – though I don’t think she was only interested in Paul as a ‘lame dog’

And her fantasy certainly wasn’t about the three of them being a happy family. Though I suppose it could have involved the three of them in a different scenario …

So we believe Matt when he says that he realises how lucky he is, and would never put Lilian through something like that again?

More importantly, will his pride really let him put Lilian and Paul back into the past???

Or, will Paul make sure that he can’t forget?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

agree with you completely re: pip/jude, as usual. have to disagree re: paul. it could just be my desperation to see lillian with somebody besides matt, but i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.... although i'll admit, my very first theory when paul was introduced was that he was somehow associated with chalky. still have a niggling suspicion there.

no, i honestly think that when paul said "you think i didn't [have a chance with lillian]?" it was less a sleazy-motivation thing and more to score a point against matt, who was seeming all very self-secure despite what paul (and we) know about lillian's recent unhappiness.

Inga McVicar said...

Cheers for that.

On Pip and Jude - something needs to happen soon to get that manboy out of our lives. It's getting a tad tedious!

I'll fully admit to being a Matt fan - but also agree that he's simply not good enough for our Lilian.

I know Paul hasn't done anything wrong to Lilian thus far, but I just can't find anything to like about him. But then again, it's no crime being bland! As Lilian is my absolute favourite, maybe it's just that no man is good enough for her!

I do think there is more to Paul than he puts over. Although I din't suspect he stage managed the death of her mother to have an excuse to get in contact (tha'd be Eastenders territory), his arrival when Matt was in prison is all too neat.

I'd never even thought about the Chalky connection!

I agree that Paul was getting back at Matt when he said that, but it didn't show any sense of respect for Lilian. If he really loved her, he'd be trying to protect her rather than drop her right in it.

Still - time will tell ...