Monday 13 September 2010

The Archers 12th September 2010: Jolene goes to a cricket match



The Archers: Jamie’s first full team cricket match … Kathy and Jolene find comfort ... Harry starts a website .. Jamie's back to shouting

  • Fallon gets Jolene out of the house
  • Roy lost his wicket
  • Group hug?
  • I know him so well
  • I really do hope Jamie’s shoulders are that broad


Fallon gets Jolene out of the house

And along to a cricket match.

This could have gone either way – it could have sent her into a deeper depression (memories of Sid playing cricket, and that it is a cricket match … oh how dull!), or made her realise that life does strive on.

Has Fallon actually tried a good hard slap? I don’t advocate violence, but needs must …


Roy lost his wicket

And then Fallon mentioned the score. But I only have to take her word for it that they weren’t playing too badly.

It’s all cricket to me …


Group hug?

Was Harry a youth worker in his previous life?

I know he means well, and he’s right in that The Bull’s punters should try and show Jolene how much she (well … the pub actually) means to them.

But a group hug? Even as a metaphor, it sends shivers.

Ever on the ball with new media, Harry decides that they need to create a website for everyone to show how much the pub means to them. He also made mention of a Facebook profile of a Twitter account. But, I wonder if this will all go the same way as Harry’s blog (which has been quiet for some time now).

Poor Nic sounded a bit perplexed at getting roped in, and goodness knows what Will will say when he hears Harry’s been teaching her new skills.


I know him so well


Probably just me, but I had Elaine Page and Barbara Dickson playing in my head as I listened to Jolene and Kathy reminiscing about Sid.

Despite Kathy’s clarification that she doesn’t miss Sid “like that”, I think Jolene knows that they’re both mourning for a man they loved.


I really do hope Jamie’s shoulders are that broad


Jolene thinks Jamie’s got the same broad shoulders as Sid had.

I hope so.

As well as coping with him mum’s over protectiveness, and her arguments with Kenton, and his dad dying … Jamie’s might now have to also be a beacon of hope for Jolene.

Seeing so much of Sid in Jamie doesn’t bode well.

And right on cue, Jamie starts shouting at Kathy again.

Damn it! With Kenton gone to Lower Loxley, I thought we’d have far less shouting from that corner of Ambridge. Especially as Kathy and Jamie seemed to be getting on.

No comments: