Monday 14 March 2011

The Archers Mon 14th March 2011: Elizabeth alive but stubborn

  • Kenton Archer: Mystery Man
  • What’s Elizabeth’s problem now?!?!?!?
  • Lamb with anchovies
  • Didn’t he do well!
  • Jolene mentioned hounds …
  • Fallon onside .. what about Jamie?



Kenton Archer: Mystery Man

Chatting to Fallon about taking Jolene out, Kenton won’t tell her where they’re off to.

Which leads Fallon to call Kenton a “mystery man”.

The reality is a tad more mundane.

Kenton gives Jolene a scarf as a present (which was thoughtful, and I’m sure was very nice), and takes her for lunch on a boat restaurant in Felpersham (which was again thoughtful, and sounded very nice).

So – less of a ‘mystery man’ (which conjures up adventure, danger and exoticism) – more of a ‘very nice man’.



What’s Elizabeth’s problem now?!?!?!?

For a woman with a weak heart, she really knows how to wind herself up.

What on earth is wrong with getting an Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator?

[Elizabeth] “This weird object … it looks like an old fashioned cigarette lighter … I want to get used to the thought of it being under my skin”

Here’s what one looks like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implantable_cardioverter-defibrillator

(which I think is actually kinda groovy).

So – the doctors say this is what she needs – but Elizabeth reckons she needs time to think and get more information.

She wants to know if the shock will hurt – will it be obvious (it’s going into her shoulder) - will the kids needs to do anything if it needs to kick start their mum.

All fair enough questions – but what’s the alternative?

Chance of sudden death?

That’ll really be helping the Twins!

David’s rightly concerned that Elizabeth seems to be pondering over something which is actually not really a choice.

But Jill knows her daughter

[Jill] “I can be a sounding board, but I don’t want to put her under any pressure … the one person’s whose guidance she’d listen to isn’t here … once she has the facts, she’ll go ahead”

[David] “Will she?”

[Jill] “I hope so”

To be frank – I’m not really that bothered.

I’ve said it before – but Elizabeth makes it so hard to care …


Lamb with anchovies

Works well, according to Kenton (and I can also vouch for that), but maybe not quite right for Freda. Or The Bull’s punters.

(‘you what? Fish? On my lamb???? I’ll just have a pie’)


Didn’t he do well!

Kathy will be beyond fury when she realised that Kenton is seeing Jolene – and that he’s being attentive, caring and thoughtful.

Jolene had mentioned that she’d always wanted a barge holiday when she was a kid – so he takes her for a surprise lunch on a boat.

He listens and then thinks it through.

Caw blimey!

[Kenton] “You travel the world, and find the thing you were looking for was right here”

Here’s hoping. I am enjoying this union. So far.

(any mention of showers, I’m outta here!)



Jolene mentioned hounds …

She probably meant: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_hunting

But I’ll use it as an excuse to plug the charity I foster for – retired/rescued greyhounds.

http://www.dgrescue.org.uk/id3.html

(and contrary to common misconceptions – they’re the laziest breed you’ll ever meet, are placid and eager to please, great with kids, don’t need long exercise AND some of them like cats!)


Fallon onside .. what about Jamie?

I totally forgot about Jamie.

Must have wiped him from my mind for being such a moronic arse of a teenager.

Anyway – though Kenton and Jolene didn’t kiss goodbye in front of Fallon (easy does it!) – looks like Fallon ‘gets it’

[Fallon] “I can see you had a great time … it’s been ages since I saw you so happy”

[Jolene] “It’s been ages since I’ve been so happy”

Hurrah!

But then in walks Jamie, who is utterly oblivious that his dead dad’s wife is seeing his mum’s ex-boyfriend – when his mum was also his dad’s ex-wife …

Ouch. Lucky there was nothing to see, this time.

Some shouting ahoy?

2 comments:

Mickey said...

For heaven's sake, where's Shula? Shouldn't she be at her sister's side? Not a peep.

Inga McVicar said...

That's a bloomin' good point Mickey. Saint Shula ain;t that much of a Saint after all!!!