Saturday 12 March 2011

The Archers Tues 8th Mar 2011: Pancake day at The Bull

  • How dirty was Eddie’s van?
  • Jolene – she says ‘no’!
  • Widow Hawkins
  • Lent 2011
  • Joe waxing lyrical
  • Matt reckons pancakes and pleasure don’t mix
  • Lillian’s off out with Eddie
  • Fallon spots it a mile off



How dirty was Eddie’s van?

Quite very much so, if him sweeping it out was enough to cause Clarrie alarm about the mess he was making outside the front of their house.




Jolene – she says ‘no’!

[Jolene] “No – I’m so sorry … I should have let you know … I ain't selling at all. I want to keep going here”

[Lilian] “Don’t apologise darling … that’s wonderful news … I’d much rather we’d kept our pub”

So there it is.

The Bull is saved.

Well, it will be, if the locals also now spend more time and money in there.

Kenton must be an amazing kisser.

With one kiss, he’s pick Jolene up from her low ebb, and has made her feel more positive about the future.

At last – we have found a real use for My Kenton Archer’s talents! Just imagine what he’ll achieve when he and Jolene get really intimate.


Widow Hawkins

[Joe] “Widow Hawkins … you’d die of thirst before she ever worked out the use of the kettle”

Joe also advises that one provides one’s own sandwiches, flask and oxygen when doing a job for Widow Hawkins.

(the oxygen is so that she doesn’t ask for a discount for you breathing hers)


Lent 2011

No tents for Alan this year – he’s squarely put the sacrifices back onto his parishioners.

[Joe] “It’s the vicar done this to her, I reckon. Got her cooking with a mean hand”

Clarrie’s signed up for the Lent appeal, which (Joe reckons) means bread, cheese and soup right through lent, and giving any money you’ve saved by eating so sparingly to the vicar.

[Eddie] “Well, if it makes her happy”

[Joe] “It ain't just her, Eddie. She’s signed you and me up as well”

[Eddie] “Eh? Oh flipping eck!”

Ah, queue much hilarity in the Grundy household over sneaky food treats.


Joe waxing lyrical

Joe reckons his grandfather used to say:

[Joe] “Peregrines is the souls of them who’ve been lost on the mountains”

Such poetry.

Why didn’t such sensitivity carry through the Grundy generations?



Matt reckons pancakes and pleasure don’t mix

Each to their own.

But when do pancakes become serious?


Lillian’s off out with Eddie

And the rest of the Grundy clan to the racing for Eddie’s birthday.

So Tony is no fun – but Lillian’s a goer.

Actually, I quite agree.



Fallon spots it a mile off

Jolene has to tell Fallon all about her and Kenton, as Fallon had picked up on a bit of an intimate atmosphere.

Fallon thinks it’s too soon for Jolene to be seeing Kenton.

[Fallon] “You’re still so raw. I just don’t want to see you hurt”

[Jolene] “That’s always a risk, isn’t it. But, I don’t think it’s much of a one with Kenton. What you see is what you get with him. A funny, sweet guy who is helping me feel good about myself again”

[Fallon, without much conviction] “Well that’s … great”

Jolene quite rightly pointed out that Kenton didn’t have it easy with Kathy, so is probably just as vulnerable as Jolene is.

[Fallon] “But it does make a difference. I actually enjoyed myself again tonight …serving, chatting to the punters … I felt like me again”

Hurrah!

But does Fallon have a point?

Does Jolene know what she’s doing?

Does Kenton?

No comments: