Tuesday 14 June 2011

The Archers Monday 6th June 2011: Phoebe reckons Kate’s her “real mum”

  • Harris Hawks are co-operative
  • “What this, a bonk buster?”
  • Ed is such a gent
  • “Jo’burg isn’t like Ambridge”
  • Oliver laughed like Walter Gabriel
  • Ed’s being watched over?
  • David has a nice bit of hay
  • “a collective outburst of soppiness”



Harris Hawks are co-operative

I also “didn’t necessarily” know that, so Roy was quite right to mention it on the Falconry bit of the Lower Loxley website.

And seemingly Eleanor came out best in the photographs.

AND Jessica breeds all her own Falcons herself. So none are ‘taken’ from the wild for the great unwashed’s entertainment.

Well done Eleanor. And well done Jessica.


“What this, a bonk buster?”

Emma still has Susan’s copy of Mistress of the Paddocks, when Ed spots it.

Seemingly Emma can’t get even get passed page one.

She reckons it’s because she hasn’t got time.

I just don’t reckon Emma is the book type, regardless of the subject matter.


Ed is such a gent

He and Emma were just settling down for a bit of a sit, when Oliver turns up.

The last thing they wanted was a visitor, but Ed was a good enough chap to not mention that to Oliver, instead made him feel completely welcome.

Good boy, is our Ed.

Sometimes.

As long as it doesn’t involve his brother’s wife …


“Jo’burg isn’t like Ambridge”

Phoebe tells Roy what’s what over a cappuccino.

Roy is trying to persuade her just to go to South Africa for the summer. And how much everyone will miss her if she goes for a whole year. And how Abbie will forget her if she does go for the year. And her mates.

Fairly hefty emotional blackmail, if you ask me.

What does Phoebe reckon?

[Phoebe] “It was really hard saying goodbye … they’re my family too, you know … Lucas’ family really rate me, you know … you could all come over and see me for Christmas!”

But Roy pleads poverty.

[Phoebe] “I want an adventure, right, and all you’re doing is slapping me down !”

[Roy] “I can’t promise … it’s Hayley. She just loves you so, so much, Phoebe, she’d worry every day if you’re away for so long.”

(naughty Roy, blaming Phoebe)

[Phoebe] “I love you both dada and that’s never going to change… you’re my mum and dad … but I’ve got two families … I need to spend time with my real mum now… I want to get to know everything about her. Surely you can see that?”

Well, I think phoebe has a point. She does need to spend time with Kate if that what she feels she needs to do. If only to discover exactly what Kate is like …

… which is why Hayley is so determined that Phoebe shouldn’t find that out while she’s so far away from her and Roy.

Would seem Roy is weakening, though.



Oliver laughed like Walter Gabriel

And woke up Keira.

Quite bizarre.


Ed’s being watched over?

Ed thinks Oliver is keeping an eye on him – that he doesn’t trust him to run the herd properly.

[Emma] “That’s what retired people do, holding you up when you trying to work. Joe’s always doing it”

Eh Emma? What work would you be doing, then?

(I know – she does plenty. But boy, does she make sure we all know about it)

Anyhoo, Ed doesn’t need to be worried.

Oliver is just bored.

As he later mentions to David, he has little desire to return to work:

[Oliver] “If I’m honest, the worrying was the reason I gave up the herd”


David has a nice bit of hay

According to Oliver.

[David] “ …(I have) a sneaking nostalgia for hay making, I must confess”

He sounds a bit happier in his work. Even though it’s 6 months since Nigel died …


“a collective outburst of soppiness”

Has occurred at Brookfield, according to David.

And it’s all Tigg’s fault.

Ah well. Anything to lighten the mood.

No comments: