Monday 8 March 2010

5th March 2010

  • Do you remember the day Jude met ‘Dave’?
  • Doesn’t sound like it’s turkey-baster time with Ian


Do you remember the day Jude met ‘Dave’?

Go on yersel Ruth! You saw your prey, you cornered it, then you showered it with buns and tea.

You may be a dull bunny, but you know how to hunt them lettuce!

I couldn’t work out who was being more immature – Pip or David – but David nailed it when he called Jude immature.

And I quite agree that there’s something odd with a man of 28 who has to regress as far back as a 17 year old for his dating habits.

And bless dear David for making Jude’s web design work/course sound like he was out on the streets pimping new-born kittens.

Doesn’t sound like it’s turkey-baster time with Ian

I never did think Ian was a likely candidate for Helen’s baby ambitions.

Adam wouldn’t stand for it (or any other baby), and I reckon Ian knows enough about Helen to be delighted for her choices, but wary of what’s going to happen next.

And, after all, what's to stop one of the straight single blokes (Jazzer? Jim?!?), or even a married straight bloke (Moike? Will??) doing the deed?

Nice to hear someone completely on her side.

Even though

“I want this baby all to myself”

Is a terrifying statement.

2 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Aha! I know this. Poor Ian was badly burned by his friend Madds (see what they did there? They may as well have called her Bunnie Boyler), who asked him to father a child with her. He did loads of soul-searching, overrode Adam's objections (which were partly jealousy but also genuine concern that he was going to get hurt) and, finally, said yes. At which point she said that she'd met someone and was going to have a baby with him instead. She was Not From Round These Parts, needless to say. I don't know if Helen knows about this deeply painful experience.

I can't imagine anyone in Ambridge being willing to have a child with a needy control freak. It's a recipe for disaster and I may never forgive you for mentioning Jim in this context!

Inga McVicar said...

Gabrielle - you're a fountain of lore! Where would I be without getting the low-down on those days when I hadn't yet made it to The Archers?!? Probably making bad judgements, as I am apt to do.

Lovely to have you here!

That clears up the whole Ian scenario. I thought he'd said no because of Adam - but if he said yes - that changes everything. Surely he'd not go there with Helen. Or does friendship make us blind?

Sorry about the Jim mention. Just thought he might be the sort of chap to rally round.

Course, Helen could always just wait until one of them is drunk enough to not know better - though, in may ways, that'd be a new storyline which could end up with Helen in jail. Many would cheer, but I admit I have a soft Cheesestraw spot ...