Thursday 28 April 2011

The Archers Thursday 28th April 2011: Will wants to breed

click the title above, of the 'read more' link below the bullet points, to read the full post on this eavesdropping episode

  • Kathy begs Jamie (again)
  • No. Will cannot be allowed to breed again
  • Bad idea letting Kenton do the bunting
  • Kathy begs Jamie (and again!)



Kathy begs Jamie (again)

Kathy manages to grab Jamie as he’s heading off to school.

She grovels and begs, playing to his ego without a care that this is all rather humiliating for her.

[Kathy] “Surely you can see you’re making it very difficult to know what to do”

[Jamie] “Do what?”

Kathy tries to explain to Jamie that he’s confusing her – turning up at her house, going away again – but is there much point in trying to talk to him anymore?

I think he might just actually be quite thick.

Still, he seemed to react well to:

[Kathy] “I’m missing you … want you back living home with me where you belong”

So she offers him pizza and to “talk properly, like grown-ups”

*sigh*

Come on Kathy. Jamie’s not a grown up. He’s not even ‘mature for his age’. He’s a 15 year old boy who’s getting more and more impossible, but all the adults round him keep giving him more and more excuses.

I’m a confirmed lefty. But even I’m thinking ‘National Service!’ everything Jamie wanders near a hidden microphone.



No. Will cannot be allowed to breed again.

Will pops home during the day to see Nic, and have a talk (the shock being that he doesn’t want just his thermos filled).

[Nic] “So, what else did you have in mind?”

[Will] “These last few days, well over the holiday, while I’ve been spending time with George …”

But Will doesn’t get a chance to talk to Nic, as she nips off to collect the kids.

So, of course, Will calls his mum instead.

[Will] “Well, I eh, I dunno … it’s about Nic … have you talked to her lately? In the last couple of weeks. Since Keira was born… I was wondering, how did she, well, I mean, what kind of things has she been saying about baby?”

But Clarrie also doesn’t have time to decipher Will’s mutterings. She’s finishing work, and wants to get off, get home and put her feet up.

Later on, Will gets home again, and tries to speak to Nic again.

[Nic] “You’re doing it again Will. Coming on all deep and serious.”

[Will] “Well maybe I am.”

[Nic] “You’re worrying me now.”

[Will] “I’ve been thinking, how do you feel about us having a baby”

Silence … you could almost feel Nic’s horror.

[Nic] “Maybe. But why?”

[Will] “Why not? Have our own baby. Yours and mine, another Brother or sister for George”

[Nic] “Will, I … I don’t know what to say. This is all such a surprise.”

[Will] “But you’d like that to, wouldn’t you?”

[Nic] “I …I don’t know. It’s such a big thing. And it’s right come out of nowhere”

[Will] “No. It hasn’t. I’ve been thinking about it for a while.”

[Nic] “But for me. Can’t you see. I mean. It’s just too much. I’ve got too much else to think about … I can’t even go there now …Will, please. Not now. Not today”

Will’s not entirely got the message. He seems to think that Nic just needs to have a bit more time to think about it.

Did he not notice her reaction? She’d rather tend to Mia’s slightly sore throat, than sit and talk babies with Will.

Stay strong, Nic. I have no idea what you see in Will, but please make sure he doesn’t father any more poor mites.



Bad idea letting Kenton do the bunting

I know it was a banner last time, but Kenton really shouldn’t be allowed to tie anything up again.



Kathy begs Jamie (and again!)

So Kathy’s new ploy is to apologise for everything that happened over the last year or so. And promise that Jamie can basically do as he likes, if he comes home.

It’s so difficult to feel any sympathy for Kathy, when she’s debasing herself for a little twerp like Jamie, but I do feel a bit sad for her.

[Kathy] “Jamie. I’m missing you. Come on home. Please”

I reckon he will this time. More’s the pity (for us all).

No comments: