Saturday 21 May 2011

The Archers Thursday 19th May 2011: Elizabeth blames David

click the 'read more' title above, of the link below the bullet points, to read the full post on this eavesdropping episode

  • Roy and Hayley have a new car, but a stroppy Phoebe
  • Nightmares about silver trays
  • The truth of how Nigel came to die



Roy and Hayley have a new car, but a stroppy Phoebe

As much as Hayley is delighted to be able to drive their brand new car (I’ve yet to have the experience myself – does anyone ever buy new (new) cars these days), even the shiny new bonnet can’t distract her and Roy from the gloom and doom that is Phoebe.

[Hayley] “I didn’t know how long she can keep up being quite so sulky … just assuming she can swan off on Kate’s say so”

So – sounds like Roy and Hayley have put the kibosh on Phoebe and Kate’s plan for Phoebe to go and live in South Africa for a bit.

Roy again reckons she’ll just get over it. Methinks this is either going to be months of a moping Phoebe, or Kate will spirit her away regardless.



Nightmares about silver trays

Elizabeth’s taken a picnic over to David as he works on her pasture.

It’s a fine one, with smoked salmon, salad, meats, cheeses, grapes, bread and raspberry roulade.

Elizabeth and he are talking about how good Roy is for Elizabeth, leading to David feeling okay to tell Elizabeth how stressful he found trying to manage Lower Loxley.

Especially that wedding.

Especially trying to find that bloomin’ silver tray.

[David] “I kept having nightmares about that silver tray”

Then Elizabeth tells David how much he help meant to her. That him being there helped her get out of bed in the morning. Helped her cope.

[Elizabeth] “You’ve been more than just my brother … you’ve been my biggest ally right through”

As they have a bit of a brotherly/sisterly love-in about how much they mean to each other, David obviously reckons it the time to unburden himself of the ‘truth’ …




The truth of how Nigel came to die

David tells Elizabeth that going up on the roof that night was his idea. That, despite Elizabeth telling him and Nigel not to, he wanted to save himself coming back the next day.

[David] “I just know I couldn’t accept your thanks without telling you the truth”

Oh dear.

Elizabeth hears it as David telling her that it was his fault Nigel had died. After all, that is what David himself sometimes thinks …

[Elizabeth] “You …persuaded him to go up on the roof that night …

“It was because of you he went, to save yourself coming back …

“ … Nigel died so you could save yourself a bit of time …

“ I’ve been so angry with him. I blamed him for going up there when it was obviously so dangerous, for leaving us … how could you let me think that David, let Lily and Freddie blame him?

“ … and all the time … how could you have lied to me David, all these months.

“Here you’ve been, Saint David … when all along you know, you knew, you were responsible for my husband’s death … and here I was thanking you ..

“… go to hell David …

“ …don’t you come near me or my children ever again!”

Oh.

That will have put silver trays into perspective ...

No comments: