Wednesday 21 September 2011

The Archers Wednesday 21st September 2011: Tom is ridiculous

(more so than usual)

  • Tom Archer’s Borchester Sausages rides again
  • Jennifer offers Clarrie cream buns
  • Shula’s teaching Freddie to hunt
  • For F sake Tom …
  • Jazzer’s in danger from the Old Firm



Tom Archer’s Borchester Sausages rides again

I suppose it’s nice Tom has faith in Brenda

And vice versa.

Tom is showing Brenda the new logo he’s had designed. She approves. Seems it has good “colours, an interest in the design” and is, at the same time “reassuring”.

Tom’s delighted. After all, Brenda is a marketing expert (!!!!!!!!!).

So – welcome back Tom Archer’s Borchester Sausages. Even though you were reborn out of your parents’ tragedy … (selfish little twit).

Tom even has a great idea for the brand launch. Which is something to do with a little ball.


Jennifer offers Clarrie cream buns

Jennifer bumps into Clarrie in town.

Clarrie’s not had a good day of appointments. But Clarrie is very calm and philosophical. She comes out with a string of clichés – “No point crying about it” and the like – which doesn’t sound too convincing to me.
Jennifer offers Clarrie a nice big cream bun – which Clarrie at first politely refuses, but Jennifer really (really) wants a cream bun with Clarrie.

[Jennifer] “To be honest, I could rather do with some company,. Sure you couldn’t change your mind … and of course, it’d be my treat”

Seems Jennifer is lonely. Her days feel empty.

Seems Clarrie didn’t get a job she’d went for. She feels old and useless.

[Jennifer] “Oh Clarrie. You’re no age at all”

What’s more, Clarrie has the joys of going to the dole office.

[Clarrie] “Never thought I’d see myself on one of them places”

[Jennifer, slightly in awe of Clarrie having been in such a place and survived] “Was it alright?”

[Clarrie – in philosophical mood again] “At least it got me out the house, I suppose … I got to count my blessings, I still got me strength and health … plenty of people with real trouble, I ain’t got much to complain about when I weight it up”

Jennifer made a quite stupid remark about Clarrie should think about volunteering – forgetting that Clarrie isn’t looking for a job to fill het time, it’s to buy food and stuff.

Am I missing something – but surely Home Farm has some work for Clarrie?

How about Jennifer herself?

Do posh ladies still need companions?


Shula’s teaching Freddie to hunt

Well, she’s prepping his hunting riding skills.

And that’s all I have to say on the matter. It wasn’t particularly interesting.


For F sake Tom …

Imagine the scene.

Tom’s showing Brenda what his launch plan is.

He takes her outside. He has a ball.

Jazzer’s also there. With the pigs.

Have you guess yet?

Yup.

Pigs playing football.

*sigh*

Expect, they weren’t playing football. They actually weren’t showing much of an interest at all.

[Tom] “Hang on., They really got stuck in last time”

Brenda doesn’t seem too impressed, but Tom reckons if he can get them going – and film it – he’ll use it online to ‘go viral’.

As @ElsieEmm said on Twitter: “Are you sure you want Bridge Farm to 'go viral' Tom? Again?”

(I know – technically not Bridge Farm, but point well indeed made).

It’s actually not a bad idea. It would have been quite a good idea, if anyone else has said it.

But it was Tom.

And he can really do no right, in my opinion.


Jazzer’s in danger from the Old Firm

I hope I heard this wrong – but I thought I heard Jazzer liken the pigs to Celtic and Rangers.

Good god man!

You should know that it isn’t clever to make fun of the Old Firm.

Folks have been stabbed for lesser comments …

No comments: