Wednesday 29 February 2012

Tony has a heart attack 28.02.12

The Archers Tuesday 28th February 2012

  • It really is Tom’s fault
  • Brian’s waving and smiling at Helen
  • Seriously, it was Tom!
  • Tony finally succumbs
  • Nic’s seeing fireworks
  • Tom finally does the milking
  • Helen keeps the Home fires burning
  • Tony’s fine


It really is Tom’s fault

Tom’s on at Tony. Again.

Something about:

[Tom] “He’s like THE Mr Chilli Pepper man”

(eh? If the chap Tom is talking about is “like” THE Mr Chilli Pepper man, who is actually the Mr Chilli Pepper man?)

Tony isn’t interested. He’s already had a long day, is behind in his work and still need to do the milking.

Tom isn’t listening.

[Tom] “Every day is costing me money … at least we can talk about it, have a discussion …”

[Tony] “I’m sorry, but I’m flat out. I’ve got other things on my mind”

[Tom] “Oh sure, what you mean is you can’t bear to spend a few quid on a poly tunnel”

[Tony] “Tom, please …”

Tom still isn’t listening. He continues to waffle on about investment, selling the surplus at a premium, they can’t lose, it’s a win win …

[Tony] “Tom, I said I’m not going to discuss this now!”

[Tom] “But why?”

[Tony] “Because I’m shattered. And if I don’t get on I won’t get finished til midnight. So will you shut up about it? Please!”


Brian’s waving and smiling at Helen

That must have been a terrifying sight.

[Pat] “I expect he was wondering how to spend his huge profits he’ll make from his evil dairy scheme”


Seriously, it was Tom!

After Tony stormed off to do the milking, Tom’s stormed off into the kitchen.

[Tom] “Talk about hitting a brick wall … Why can’t he just be reasonable for once in his life … he ended up telling me to get lost!”

His shouting makes Henry cry. Both Helen and Pat tell him to leave Tony alone.

[Tom] “No. No I can’t keep putting it off. Milking or no milking, I have to settle this now”

So off he storms to the milking parlour.

A*se.


Tony finally succumbs

Tom finds Tony slumped in the milking parlour.

[Tony] “Inside my chest … and my arm … it’s bad, it’s very bad … like a crashing …”

Thankfully Tom has a wee bit of wit about him, puts a jacket over Tony and calls an ambulance.

[Tony] “The cows …”

When the Ambulance crew arrive, it actually sounds like Tony is having a stroke as well as a heart attack.

But when asked, Tony says the pain is an 8 or a 9 out of 10 (horrific agony rather than a stroke).

Tony says that the pain came on fast, and the ambulance crew spray something on his tongue for pain, do a blood test and give him an ECG. All on the milking parlour floor.

I didn’t know they could do that.


Nic’s seeing fireworks

Nic has a new passport.

Nicola Grundy.

[Nic] “So it’s official now, and we can go off anywhere in the world together!”

(no comment …)

The kids then run into the room with fireworks. Seems Nic was clearing out and didn’t notice them.

Rather than being horrified as such dangerously bad parenting, they all decide to set them off!

[Nic] “Why not? It was our 8 week anniversary on Saturday”

Just as they’re setting the fireworks on their way (after tea, and when it’s gone dark), Nic rushes over to the car to put on a CD.

Shania Twain. You’re Still the One.

(as they played at their wedding)

A little bit of a sick bucket moment, and doesn’t Nic seem a tad clingy?


Tom finally does the milking

It only took his dad having a heart attack to make him finally do his work.


Helen keeps the Home fires burning

(see what I did there … Home fires at Home Farm …. though it should be Bridge Farm … sorry …)

Helen’s called Nic to ask her to babysit Henry. She’s also called Lilian, Jennifer and David.

(why not Kenton and Elizabeth?)

She’s also having to deal with a guilt ridden Tom.

(as he should be!)

[Tom] “But we should have known Helen. We should have seen this coming, the way he’s being … it’s all down to me, the way I kept pushing and hassling”

[Helen] “Tom please it doesn’t matter why we’ve just got to stay calm and wait and hope …”


Tony’s fine

Pat calls home.

[Pat] “Dad’s okay. He’s going g to be alright …it was a heart attack. A blocked artery, but he got here in time, he’s already had a small operation … an angioplasty”

After she’s off the phone, she gets a chance to talk to Tony.

[Tony, sounding very wobbly] “Yea … not so bad. Much better than before. Did you speak to Tom? Is everything alright at home?”

[Pat] “Yes. Yes the cows are alright., Everything’s fine”

[Tony] “I’m sorry to be such a nuisance … well, for a while there, I really thought I was a goner”

Pat starts crying.

[Pat] “I thought the same. I thought …”

[Tony] “It’s alright. I’m okay now”

Good.

Must admit that I was not remotely concerned about Tony.

Not that I dislike him.

It wasn’t his time.

(it should be Tom’s!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tom is awful.

Rude, selfish, self obsessed. Even in this off putting family, he stands out as a repellent character.

Tony is a lovely dad to let him off so lightly.

Inga McVicar said...

Quite agree. Tom's needs to learn a lesson from someone, soon.