Thursday 8 December 2011

Ambridge Extra Tuesday 6th December 2011: Alistair! What on earth are you doing!!?

  • Alan’s hard to buy for
  • Red tape is God’s will?
  • Alistair has ‘the talk’ with Daniel
  • The Franks’ tree is too big
  • Inappropriateness at the Clinical Club
  • Alan’s won’t went it go



Alan’s hard to buy for 

[Usha] “If you ask him, he just says there’s nothing he needs”

Amy’s also stuck. She was thinking a bottle, but reckons it’s not very imaginative.

Usha suggests to Amy that she gets him a new version of his favourite shirt, which is frayed.

Which leaves her with no ideas for her own present.

Well, what can you give a man who has God?


Red tape is God’s will?

Usha hasn’t made any progress on finding out why Catherine had been in a secure institution. Too much red tape.

[Alan] “I wonder … is this god’s way of telling me I should leave it?”

Maybe.

Usha later tells him that there will be little chance of them being able to access the formal records.


Alistair has ‘the talk’ with Daniel

Alistair’s helping Daniel to buy his first dinner jacket.

To a background of Wonderful Christmas Time (I do like that Christmas ditty – for some reason, the very badly shot video in the pub with Paul, Lynda and co make me happy).

[Alistair] “My first DJ … braid on the lapels I looked like a dodgy Spanish gigolo”

Then Alistair picks his moment:

[Alistair] “On the subject of Erin ... she’s a very attractive girl … and you’re obviously getting on well ... I know you’re a sencible lad, but sometimes it can be easy to get carroed away … in the heat of the moment …”

[Daniel] “Like when you’re watching spot?”

[Alistair] “I was thinking of more when you’re together, the two of you …”

[Daniel] “Ah, you mean me going on about the environment; she quite likes that really ...”

Ah, but cheeky Daniel is just winding Alistair up.

[Daniel] “It’s alright dad, I know what you’re getting at. And I’ll be careful.”

[Alistair] “Well, thank god that’s over”

[Daniel] “Absolutely”


The Franks’ tree is too big

Actually, it’s a monster.

Alan might even have to cut the top off.

Amy gives Usha the first thing to hang on it. Which is nice.

And then she finds the star that her mum (Catherine) had made. Seems they always used to put it on the tree together.

Alistair – to himself - Catherine’s like a saint to Amy … how can I shatter her memory. It’s all she’s got

Just don’t tell her Alan. Mabel’s right. Leave it be.


Inappropriateness at the Clinical Club

Alistair’s at the Clinical Club with Erin.

Supper and veterinary cases. He certainly knows how to treat a girl (a girl going out with his son …).

Alistair – to himself – wonder what the barmaid thinks. Buying drinks for a pretty women … oh get real. She probably thinks she’s your daughter.

After the supper and veterinary cases.

[Erin] “That was brilliant, who’d have though that a cow could have a facelift … and cat TB!”

Her cup overfloweth!

[Erin] “You’ve been wonderful … you are wonderful”

And …. They kiss.

Alistair – to himself - Lovely … ah, so fresh … so, ……… no!

[Alistair] “No. No this is wrong. Erin, we mustn’t”

Goodness me Alistair! What are you doing?


Alan’s won’t went it go

He’s back on the phone to Mabel.

Mabel admits she was angry with Alan the other day. But that it also was not his fault once he’d found the letters.

Alan’s not begging for her help.

[Alan] “Catherine lives with me every day, and I have to understand what made her behave in such an alien way”

Mabel then remembers that Catherine trusted a Mrs Peblo who worked at the ‘home’. And Alan remembers a Janice Peblo that Catherine used to be fond of.

Watch about Janice Peblo.

Alan’s not leaving this one until he has answers.

5 comments:

Ruby said...

methinks Erin be a bit of a bunny-boiler

Miriam said...

I read this while eating my lunch, and feel slightly ill now. Really, Alister?!

Miriam said...

(that was me, by the way!)

caroline_venezia said...

"So fresh" - eurgh ! But I just don't believe a 17 year old girl would ever fancy a bloke of - what - about 50 ? I'm sure I wouldn't have !

Re bunny-boiler comment, yes, I think there may be attempted blackmail ahead - will she try to force him into something ?

Inga McVicar said...

Sorry about your lunch Miriam (but it was Alistair's fault really!).

Yup - Alistair is a sleeze and a daft midle age man. Lolita scenarios rarely end up well for the bloke (and are obviously utterly wring for the kid ...).

Bad, bad Alistair. Shula's going to have his b ...