Saturday 31 December 2011

Shula believes Alistair: Ambridge Extra Tuesday 20th December 2011

  • Shula’s mood lifts
  • Amy reads her mum’s letters
  • Amy doesn’t accept Usha?
  • Daniel’s playing with Jamie again
  • Shula is a girl



Shula’s mood lifts

Shula still seems to be in a grump with Alistair, after he told her about Erin making advances. Shula’s angry that he kept it secret from her for a while.

Alistair – to himself - Fore heaven’s sake Shula – how many times – what does she want from me – is she going to keep this up forever – A

[Alistair] “Wait. Please. We can’t go on like this … you were the one who kept pushing for Erin to shadow me …”

[Shula] “So this is my fault? I also forced Erin to kiss you?”

Alistair tries to reason that he couldn’t tell Erin never to “darken their door”. Apart from anything else, she was Daniel’s girlfriend (kind of). Shula agrees with that.

Alistair also claims that he couldn’t tell her what was happening as he was embarrassed.

[Alistair] “I’m not denying she’s attractive, but she’s still a child. I didn’t want to humiliate her … she’s messed up … I tried to deal with it in a way that would cause the least amount of pain for everyone, you have to see that”

But they have to leave it there, as Daniel comes in. Shula is very keen that Daniel has no inkling of what’s going on.

When Alistair and Shula are alone again later on:

[Alistair] “You can’t honestly think I’d mess around with Erin behind your back. Well do you?”

[Shula] “No”

[Alistair] “So you believe me then?”

[Shula] “It’s not as simple as that. Of course I believe you. It still doesn’t change what she did though … dreading the next time she comes over … should I pretend that she didn’t make a pass at you, that she hasn’t been lying to Daniel and what if she does say something to him?”

[Alistair. Slightly smugly) “So you can see now what I’ve been dealing with!?”

So, should they also tell Daniel that his girlfriend has been coming on to his dad? Be better to hear it from them?

But, on the other hand, it’d knock Daniel’s already fragile confidence. And Daniel reckons it’s cooled off between them anyway – or, at least Erin seems to have cooled.

[Alistair] “She hasn’t said anything so far. We’ll just have to keep our fingers crossed that it stays that way”

Hmmm.

I still think Erin is a bunny boiler. And bunny boilers don’t give up that easily.


Amy reads her mum’s letters

Taking Usha’s advice, Alan shows Amy her mum’s letter (from when she was in Falconwood, a secure detention centre). Mabel (and I) think that she should have been left in ignorance.

But, Alan reckons Amy needs to know now so that they can talk it through. He doesn’t want her going through the same pain and confusion he had to.

But Amy is still obviously confused. More so about why her mum never told anyone the reason why she’s stabbed that other girl.

[Alan] “Mum was probably ashamed. She’d have been appalled by what she’d done”

As Amy is later out in her car:

Amy – to herself - How could they? She was 14. She was only a girl. And all that time, it was because of some bigot. Some snivelling coward who’s probably still around, still spreading her hate. The poor innocent victim who got stabbed by the black girl. I hope the knife damn well hurt

Amy’s so wound up that she nearly chases after a “wagon” (a large tuck, I’d assume, rather than a coach and horses …)

Amy – to herself - What am I doing? Pull over, I don’t even know what I’d do if I caught him. Oh mum. What happened? Why couldn’t you tell anyone? I am so sorry.

Wonder if Amy is going to hunt down the girl that was stabbed to get a final kick in the ribs for her mum …



Amy doesn’t accept Usha?

Still?

When Alan showed Amy her mum’s letters, and that he and Usha has to do some digging to find out the full story behind them, Amy responded:

[Amy] “You let Usha read these?”

How odd.

Is Amy still protective of her mum over Usha? From recent mutterings, Usha certainly seems to feel that Catherine is an unwelcome presence.


Daniel’s playing with Jamie again

Well, I don’t suppose it is ‘playing’ at their age. More hanging out.

Either way, he’s at Jamie’s today doing computer games.

Looks like they’ve made up.


Shula is a girl

Daniel has called, texted and posted message on Erin’s Facebook wall. But nothing.

As Shula comes into his room to find any neglected crockery, she asks him about Erin.

(eh? Shouldn’t she be avoiding that subject completely?)

[Daniel] “Mum, I think Erin’s gone off me … you’re a girl, what do you think I should do?”

[Shula] “I think you need to decide whether you want to be involved with someone who treats you that way … she’s sending you come pretty clear signals … Honesty love, I really don’t think Erin’s worth all this heartache”

Shula – to herself - He wants to know why, bless him. He thinks it’s all his fault

This is going to be a major explosion when it comes out … especially as Daniel doesn’t seem to be listening to reason.

Daniel – to himself - I love her, and I’d do anything. Make it a Christmas she won’t forget

No comments: