Thursday 10 November 2011

The Archers Thursday 10th November: Ivy Horrobin’s funeral

  • The Horrobins gather
  • Clive meets Kylie
  • Susan rips Clive a new one



The Horrobin’s gather

Tracey with her two kids. No sign of Den (who I assume his her man friend).

Bert looks lost.

Seems Gary looks like he just got out of bed.

Keith’s wife Donna in a very noticeable red dress.

[Pat] “I hope she doesn’t catch a chill in that …”

Kirsty is of course of great interest (especially to Pat).

[Clarrie] “You’d never guess her dad were that Clive”

And, then there’s Clive.

[Tracey] “Clive. So, you made it then …so, what are you after then? On the cadge as usual. A smoke I suppose?”

Which he doesn’t say no to.

Clive spots Kylie talking to Susan, but doesn’t go over.

Which is fair enough. As the hearse arrives at the same time. Which both he and Susan similarly are upset by.
[Susan] “Come on the. Let’s put on the best show we can. For mum”


Clive meets Kylie

[Clive] “So, you’re Kylie, right? Hello. I’m Clive. Yer dad”

[Kylie] “Oh, yeah. Hello”

[Clive] “Kylie, I know it’s been a long time”

[Kylie] “22 years …”

[Clive] “So we’ve got a lot to catch up on!”

[Kylie] “I don’t get it. I don’t understand why. All that time and nothing. Not even a phone call or a birthday card …”

[Clive] “Kylie, what happened with you mum, it were hard for me”

[Kylie] “Hard! All you had to do was pick up the phone!”

[Clive] “But what was I going to say?”

[Kylie] “Well if you had nothing to say to me then. You have nothing to say to me now!”

That didn’t go well. Clive was being far too flippant, and Kylie wasn’t buying it. She was quite right in saying that Clive can’t just walk back into her life.

So was does Clive do?

He tries to bride her with Ivy’s rings.

Numpty.

He tries to claim she left them to him, and that he was going to keep them for Kylie.

Kirsty doesn’t even believe that one. And she doesn’t even know Clive.

[Kylie] “They should be Susan’s …keep your gifts. I don’t want them. I don’t ever want to see you again”


Susan rips Clive a new one

Susan notices that Clive and Kylie are not having a polite, gentle conversation.

She finds out that Clive’s got Ivy’s ring.

[Susan] “Oh, I see. You mean you sweet talked him round and took them. Helped yourself!”

[Clive] “Mind. You should be careful what you’re saying”

[Susan] “So, a new leaf is it? I should have known better. A leopard never changes his spots …”

(as Clive tries to walk away)

[Susan] “Don’t you dare. Don’t think you’ll get away with this!”

[Clive] “It’s the truth! Mum cared for me, even if no one else did”

[Susan] “What do you know about truth!?!”

[Clive] “Mum loved me, Susan”

[Susan] “Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, she loved you, did she? You, who made her life a misery! Drove her to an early grave!”

[Clive] “What did you say!?!”

[Susan] “You heard. It’s time someone said it …well, go on then, you gonnae hit me?”

[Clive] “You don’t to me like that. You’ve going to watch you hadn’t said that!”

(it then sounded like Susan gave him a slap)

[Susan] “Go on. Get out of here. I don’t want you near dad again or this village!”

[Clive] “You know what you are, you’re sick. I’m going. I’m through with you and I’m through with this whole sick family”

[Susan] “That’s it. Go on. And don’t come back”

Phew!

Good on you Susan. Here’s hoping that Clive does leave for good.

Though I doubt it. Chances are he’ll be back with a revenge.

And Kylie saw the whole thing, which much have been a shock.

To know your dad is a bit of a loser is one thing, but to see him being such an aggressive nutter is another.

No comments: