Tuesday 22 May 2012

Alan’s not being particularly vicar-like 11.05.12

The Archers Friday 11th May 2012
  • Brian wants to watch swifts
  • Alan doesn’t want Usha’s food
  • Game pie and hazelnut meringues
  • Alan’s loses his temper
  • Welshman playing cricket = Ambridge laughed at?
  • Adam didn’t remember about the Super Dairy
  • Mark Winford
  • Usha can’t even walk into a room …

Brian wants to watch swifts

Brian suggests that he and Jennifer take a walk to Valley Farm. Jennifer mentions that there are swifts nesting there, which Brian fakes interest in …

When they get to Valley Farm:

[Jennifer] “They’re astonishing; They’re flown all the way from Africa just to build their nests here”

Which start Jennifer off on wishing her kids would come home more often.

Which also starts her off again on wondering why Debbie can’t be with them. Especially when Brian needs help to run the farm.

Ah … but what’s this?

Brian’s spotted a barn. That could be the perfect spot for a couple of houses.

And … oh really? … the land is coming up for sale! It’d actually be perfect for housing the Super Dairy workers.

Oh Brian. You’re so subtle

[Jennifer] “What about the swifts. I mean it’s their home too”

[Brian] “I know. Birds have their risks too”

[Jennifer] “I’m serious Brian. Those birds have nested here for as long as I can remember”

So, two points for me.

Firstly, if it’s land coming up for sale, Matt and Lilian will know about it.

Secondly, Brian should know that Jennifer doesn’t muck around when it comes to things she loves. That includes swifts.

Good luck buying and converting. You’ll have Matt and Jennifer in the way.


Alan doesn’t want Usha’s food


Though Usha had bought food for her, Alan and Amy’s tea, Alan’s already making a lasagne. He wants Amy to have comfort food. Not something Usha’s bought.


Game pie and hazelnut meringues

It’s a day of food.

Jennifer’s brought Adam a game pie. Though he lives with a chef, Jennifer reasons that even Ian wants some time away from the cooker.

Infact, though Ian is meant to be off of work, he’s gone in today to check the catering for a wedding.

The hazelnut meringues are a major concern.


Alan’s loses his temper


Oh! That was a shock.

[Alan] “How could that man just toy with the emotions if a young girl like Amy, knowing full well he was going to break his heart? How can he just walk away? How can he sleep at night!?!”

Alan’s stunned that Carl could have been so callous to Amy. Infact, to all of them. He’s especially smarting over the ‘I visit my grandmother every weekend’ lie. (assuming it was)

[Usha] “It’s a kind of psychopathic behaviour …”

[Alan] “Is that supposed to be some sort of excuse for him? … please just spare me your insights into the criminal mind.  I don’t care why he’s like that, I just want to find out where he’s holed up, and wipe that smarmy ingratiating smile off his face and punch his perfect teeth out. I want to punch him to the floor and kick him when he’s down … I shouldn’t be feeling like this. I'm a man of god. I’m a peacemaker”

[Usha] “You’re Amy’s father first and foremost”

But Alan’s not interested in Usha’s reasoning. He tells her that she can’t possibly understand (one assumes because she’s not a mum), and that she most certainly doesn’t understand Amy.

[Usha] “I made a mistake, Alan. I’ve said I’m sorry. You’ve got to forgive me”

[Alan] “I know. I know that … I’m going for a walk”


Welshman playing cricket = Ambridge laughed at?


So reckons Adam.


Adam didn’t remember about the Super Dairy

Adam’s still has a very sore head.

Not surprisingly, really.

But it also comes with a bad memory. Even for things that happened before he was attacked.

[Adam] “There is one thing I feel I should remember … the plan for the BL dairy … it is going ahead, isn’t it?”

Blimey! He doesn’t even remember that the Super Dairy has got planning permission.

Quite oddly, Jennifer tries to cheer Adam up by telling him that there’s still massive opposition to the Super Dairy, so he has to make sure that “they don’t give up the fight”.

Wow.

Jennifer really has to completely split herself when it comes to her son and husband.

Good on her.

I think …


Mark Winford

Starts work on Monday at Home Farm.


Usha can’t even walk into a room …

… without Amy and Alan turning stony.

Unfair.

No comments: