Sunday 19 May 2013

Paul calls Lilian a whore – Sun 19.05.13 #thearchers

Pondering The Archers Sunday 19th May 2013
  • Josh is in business
  • Paul’s stalking Lilian
  • Nic laughs in church
  • Paul calls Lilian stupid, then a prostitute
  • Lilian forgot coffee with Peggy AND arrived home in a taxi


Josh is in business

Josh was at Neil’s today, signing the contract for his share of the hen business. Though he doesn’t read the final draft put in front of him:


[Josh] “It’s okay. I trust you.”

(first rule of business … read it before you sign it)

[Neil] “I think we should shake on it too. Congratulations Josh, or should I say partner.”

[Josh] “Josh is fine!”

Josh then launches into his ideas for the business … but, Neil has pigs to tend to.

Wonder how long it will take for Neil and Hayley to just tell Josh to do as he must, rather than go on and on at them.

But, gotta love the enthusiasm.


Paul’s stalking Lilian

[Lilian] “Have you been staring at the house like some sort of stalker? You can’t just turn up like this. How could you be so thoughtless!”

Scary stuff. Was Paul hiding in the bushes?

Anyhoo, Lilian’s horrified.  Matt could have seen him.

Paul doesn’t care.

So, Lilian makes him get in his car, and drive her somewhere, anywhere but the Dower House.

Which Lilian realised was a mistake from the off. His driving wasn’t exactly safe …


Nic laughs in church


As Clarrie has bid, Nic takes herself and her kids to Church.

[Peggy] “Alan usually does a good sermon, and there are lovely hymns.”

Nic’s worried that though she’s been in church on special occasions, she won’t know what to do in a ‘normal’ service.

[Peggy] “Most of us take a while to try to get to our feet, it won’t take a young thing like you by surprise.”

After Nic has experienced Church ‘proper’:

[Nic] “It was a lot less stuffy then I expected. I certainly didn’t expect any laughs. I didn’t think you were allowed to laugh in church.”

[Peggy] “He does have a good sense of humour”

[Nic] “I actually knew one of the hymns!”

(Breathe on Me, Breath of God, if you’re interested)

And Nic met more new folks. Which she enjoyed.

So, all round a good day out for Nic and the kids.

Interesting she never mentioned the actual religious bits …


Paul calls Lilian stupid, then a prostitute


As Paul drives (very dangerously), he’s ranting about Celia and how she doesn’t know what’s best for her. And that she was probably seeing her husband to be (his then best friend) before he and she split up.

[Paul] “You can hardly blame me being upset, with the wedding being today.”

[Lilian] “Actually, I’ve tried to be sympathetic, but actually,  I can’t see why it’s bothering you so.”

(hurrah! Lilian’s waking up to him!)

[Paul] “It’s the kids. They’re both going to be there.”

[Lilian] “Celia is their mother … look, I really think you’re getting this out of proportion.”

[Paul] “I know her. She’s sneaky. They were always going behind my back, undermining me, she thought she knew best, well she was wrong then, and she’s wrong now.”

[Lilian] “It’s her life Paul. She can make her own mistakes, if it is a mistake.”

[Paul] “So you think I;m wrong?”

[Lilian] “So let her be unhappy, then you can say I told you so. I just can’t see why it’s so important to you who she marries, unless … unless you still love her, is that it?”

[Paul] “No, of course not. How can you even say that?”

[Lilian] “You’re getting so het up about it, you won’t let it rest?”

[Paul] “I love you! How many times do I have to say it. I love you, and I need you. And you love me. You need to stop pussyfooting around.”

[Lilian] “I beg your pardon!”

[Paul] “It’s time you got off the fence and made a committed to me.”

[Lilian] “I can’t do that Paul, you can’t ask me to!”

[Paul] “I’ve waited long enough.”

[Lilian] “I can’t leave Matt.”

[Paul] “Of course you can. Don’t be ridiculous.”

[Lilian] “And if you think you can force my hand by turning up at the house, then you're out of your mind.”

[Paul] “You're just like Celia … too stupid to see it. It’s just a business arrangement for Matt. He’s just with you for your money. And what, for the sex now and then!”

(ouch!)

[Lilian] “How dare you … you have no idea how Matt feels about me. And how dare you call me a prostitute!”

[Paul] “I didn’t call you a prostitute. I said he treated you like one. Don’t you ever listen?”

[Lilian] “Oh, just shut up!”

With that, Lilian gets out of his car, slams the door shut, and he drives off. Leaving her stranded  …


Lilian forgot coffee with Peggy AND arrived home in a taxi


Nic gave Peggy a lift to the Dower House, where she was supposed to be having a cuppa with Lilian.

But when they get there, no sign of Lilian. Odd, as her car is still there.

Just as Peggy is about to give up, Lilian arrives home. In a taxi.

[Peggy, stunned] “What’s she doing in a taxi …Why are you in a taxi, where have you been Lilian? … You did say I was welcome to call in after Church, because Matt was playing golf. Is something wrong with your car? Is that why you were in a taxi?”

What’s more, Lilian had even left her door unlocked.

Blimey.

That Paul’s really creating havoc in the Bellamy/Crawford household.

No comments: