Friday 9 August 2013

Helen booty calls Rob – Fri 09.08.13 #thearchers

Pondering The Archers Friday 9th August 2013
  • Ian’s caught having a cigarette
  • David won’t be bestman
  • Lillian DOESN’T have a GandT
  • Lilian makes Mike uncomfortable
  • Mike makes a guess at where Brenda went on holiday
  • Helen doesn’t tell Ian
  • Henry’s like a dog
  • Helen booty calls Rob


Ian’s caught having a cigarette


By Oliver.

But Oliver doesn’t mind. Which is actually one of Oliver’s failings, according to Ian.

He’s glad to have Caroline back as he reckons Oliver was just too “relaxed”:


[Ian] “Certain people get more than usually officious.”

That’ll be Lynda …


David won’t be bestman

Jolene’s over the moon that she and Kenton will be getting married at Lower Loxley.

[Jolene] “I’m beginning to discover the advantages of marrying into a large and influential family!”

(hmmm … wait until you have to buy them all Christmas presents!)

They’re also now set their date. Friday 1st November. Which is very soon, as Jolene was quick to point out (Kenton did the booking).

Seems Kenton has also decided that David won’t be bestman.

[Jolene] “I mean it’s not that they don't get on…I can’t really out my finger on it, but if he asked him just to be polite, David might feel obliged to say yes.”

Instead, Kenton’s asking Jamie.

[Lilian] “That really is a lovely idea.”

Aye, I’m sure Kathy will be thrilled!

And what about Shula …



Lilian DOESN’T have a GandT


She just has the T.

What what what?

[Lilian] “I still have the rest of the afternoon to get through.”

Maybe it’s Anthea’s influence.

Lilian certainly now seems to appreciate Anthea’s experience in the industry. Seems she got a great discount on iron wear (whatever that is) today.

[Jolene] “I should watch your back if I were you. She’ll be staging a takeover!”


Lilian makes Mike uncomfortable

[Lilian] “So, you don’t know what she’s up to at the moment?”

[Mike] “Enjoying her travels, I’d imagine.”

Poor Mike.

He knows, but can say a word to Lilian.

How difficult for the poor man.


Mike makes a guess at where Brenda went on holiday


Mike tells Oliver that Brenda is in London (lucky Lilian wasn’t eavesdropping …).

He’s not sure who she is staying with, And was very vague when Oliver asked him where about in Europe she had travelled to.

[Mike] “She went North. Denmark, and, erm, Russia.”

Looks like he and Vicky didn’t rehearse that bit.


Helen doesn’t tell Ian


About Rob. Even though they’re having supper, with wine.

Oh dear.

He will be furious if (when!) everyone finds out.


Henry’s like a dog

[Helen] “Exhausting. It’s a bit like owning a large dog. I have to take him out twice every day!”


Rob and Helen are at it again

After hearing from Ian that Rob might not have gone to Hampshire for the weekend, Helen calls him.

[Helen] “Where are you?”

[Rob] “At home.”

[Helen] “Blossom Hill or Hampshire?”

[Rob] “Blossom Hill.”

[Helen] “Alone?”

[Rob] “Yes.”

[Helen] “Coming over.”

[Rob] “But …”

[Helen] “Five minutes.”

(it was more like two milliseconds)

[Helen] “We can’t carry on like this… avoiding each other.”

Rob admits he’d hoped he’d bump into her at the silent film night. But, the poor wee diddum doesn’t know what to do.

[Rob] “I know, it’s not your problem. It’s so good to see you … I know I shouldn’t but I can’t help it. I think about you all the time. Your friendship means so much to me.”

[Helen] “It’s a bit more than friendship, isn’t it … I want to be with you.”

[Rob] “And I want to be with you … So much, but I can’t. The last thing I want to do is to hurt you and unless, until, I sort things out with Jess.”

[Helen] “I’m a grown woman Rob. I know the situation. I know it’s complicated., But I want so much to be with you. I just spent the last couple of weeks just longing to be with you. Longing to smell your skin, to kiss your mouth …”

[Rob] “Oh Helen, Helen!”

[Helen] “I missed you so much.”

And they snog, which more than likely led to more adult intimate relations.

*sigh*

Helen really is her own worst enemy.

This really (really) won’t end well.

No comments: