Friday 24 September 2010

Breaking News Fri 24th Sept 2010:

We Love The Bull on the BBC! (click here for the article)

I’ll admit that I have a foot in both camps (though I’m not sure you’re allowed to only be partly an Anarchist).

I believe that “The Archers Are real. There Are No Actors”. The BBC pretending that they write The Archers is just a conspiracy to keep everyone from finding out where Ambridge is. After all, wouldn’t we all like to live there?

But, I also admit (with slight trepidation in case my fellow Archers Anarchists put me first up against the wall) that I am a member of the Archers Addicts. I have even been known to look at the ‘actors’ pictures on the BBC website (which I always feel slightly soiled about after).

So, I can’t claim to be an AA puritan, nor do I accept (in my mind) the claims of the BBC that they create The Archers for us. (Which is a ridiculous thought. Why on earth would they have kept a ‘radio soap’ about a small rural area on the air for nearly 60 years. Who on earth would be interested in that!?!).

So the piece on the BBC Archers pages about the We Love The Bull campaign is very rewarding for Harry, and the rest of us who have been working away to show Jolene about how much we do Love The Bull.

But it’s also a bit perplexing for me as @thearchersfan to actually be part of this BBC conspiracy.

And while it’s a great peace and will hopefully fuel even further support for We Love The Bull, I don’t understand what it means about the Archers residents on Twitter being ‘listeners’.

Surely not?

I hate to think that the chats I’ve been having with @bartlebythepony were actually just with some bloke …

I’ll have to regroup to ponder this new development, which is in danger of making my entire view of the world split like an atom.

Either way - the important thing is to show that We Love The Bull!

Save The Bull!

Join Us

- twitter
Hashtags:
#welovethebull
#savethebull
#archers
#TheArchers

Profiles:
@welovethebull (446 followers and counting)
@thearchersfan
There is a @savethebull, but there’s no tweets under that account as yet

- Facebook cause:
We Love The Bull : http://www.causes.com/causes/526294

No comments: