Saturday 12 March 2011

The Archers Sun 6th Mar 2011: David finally tells Elizabeth

  • “I really need to be spending more time at Brookfield.”
  • Helen’s life in one van
  • Rolling, Heroin, Midsomer and Grass
  • Release the cows!
  • Being nasty to Lewis – nae need!



“I really need to be spending more time at Brookfield.”

Ah – what a relief it was to hear David finally (finally!) utter those words to Elizabeth.

Despite Lily waking up early everyday – and despite Elizabeth wanting David to have a look at the course for the chase (with Nigel’s Go-Getters) – David comes clean to Elizabeth:

[David] “Wouldn’t you be better asking Shula … I really need to be spending more time at Brookfield. Much more time …”

[Elizabeth, a tad shocked] “I completely understand … (you’re not letting me down) no, not at all …”

Elizabeth reckons that the breakdown she had on Friday did her the world of good (when she was told the Twins had got into the Cathedral School, which made her realise that Nigel won’t know anything about that, or anything else to do with the Twins anymore). She now thinks she’s “on top of things”.

Hmmm.

And when David asked if she’d make the call to the agency to get a professional manager, Elizabeth said she “very well get in touch”.

Double Hmmm.

Shortly after David left, Elizabeth went a tad ape at Lily for nattering on, trying to interrupt her when she was speaking to David.

I do think Lily was indeed being “very very rude”, but Elizabeth’s quick temper isn’t suggestive of someone who’s got control.


Helen’s life in one van

Helen’s moved back to Bridge Farm, and it only took one van.

I suppose DVDs do pack down quite neatly …

But then again, Helen won’t have packed everything, as she’s reckoning on only being home for a few weeks.

I do wonder if Tony will come up with another (heartfelt) reason for Helen to stay.

[Helen] “That’s why you’re different dad. No matter what I’m like,. I never drive you away”

Methinks it’ll be hard for Helen to drive away this time.


Rolling, Heroin, Midsomer and Grass

I must have been distracted when I thought I heard David and Pip talking about some “dead grass”. I’m sure I then heard David talking about how the grass will need to be rolled, but maybe some heroin first, and something about Midsomer.

Eh?

Please do correct me.


Release the cows!

[Ruth] “They’ll really benefit from an early bite”

Ruth’s spot on when she said that it means winter is nearly done when the cows go back out in the fields.

I reckon they’re just about relieved to get out as we all are to see they get out.

Here’s a video from a farm near to where I live (it also does cracking ice-cream and has an excellent visitor centre/nature walks/stuff to do). I can’t mention their name as tis blog is strictly non-commercial, but you can work it out from the video.

Hurrah to happy and playful cows!





Being nasty to Lewis – nae need!

I utterly accept Elizabeth is still going through a horrific time, but there is absolutely no excuse (on this whole wide world) for being nasty to our Lewis.

He’s a lovely gent.

Lewis was just trying to help out, by picking up a job that Elizabeth had seemed to forget, but Elizabeth repeated her ‘going ape’ routine on Lewis as she’d done to Lily.

Elizabeth reckons she:

[Elizabeth] “has to keep hold of all of the threads" herself

So shouts at Lewis for just being a nice chap.

She calms down, but mentions that life is about to get even more tricky for her.

She has to tell Byron Chambers that she’s about to cancel his Medieval Banquets as they’re making losses for Lower Loxley.

[Lewis] “(Byron Chambers] “The erasable gentleman with the unfortunate beard?”

[Elizabeth] “As you say, he’s got quite a temper. I’m dreading the meeting already.”

Ach – why deal with it alone Elizabeth?

No comments: