Friday 18 March 2011

The Archers Thurs 17th March 2011: Jamie catches Kenton and Jolene

  • Kathy thanks Jolene for taking her man
  • DVDS? Well, I never!
  •  “It’s the work place of the loveliest woman in Borchester”
  •  That could have been far, far worse for Jamie
  •  Kenton hurts Jamie, so (of course) Jamie hurts Kathy
  •  Elizabeth won’t be playing rugby for England



Kathy thanks Jolene for taking her man

Well, her wee man.

She bumps into Jolene, and thanks her for taking Jamie out, as he returned in a rare good mood.



DVDS? Well, I never!

It was fair enough that Jolene and Kathy sounded in awe of Fallon downloading a meal voucher to her mobile (did we ever expect we’d see the like?), but they also sounded a tad overexcited about the concept of DVDs.

Odd.



“It’s the work place of the loveliest woman in Borchester”

Aw! Kenton can be sweet when he tries.

No idea if this is all going to work out as smiles rather than tears, but it’s nice eavesdropping on two happy folks. Even if their kissing is rather slobbery.




That could have been far, far worse for Jamie

Jamie’s lucky that Kenton and Jolene have decided to take things slow.

When he walked in on them, there was only snogging to be seen.

Kenton never does learn. It must have crossed his mind that this would anger Jamie ever more than the one night stand – especially considering Jolene is his dead dad’s wife.

Somewhere in Borchester, there’s a therapist planning his retirement round Jamie Perks …





Kenton hurts Jamie, so (of course) Jamie hurts Kathy

Why does Jamie have to be such an utter prick to his mum Kathy?

I know he’s a teenage lad. I know he’s a teenage lad who recently lost his dad.

But why does Kathy have to be in the firing line everytime something goes wrong for Jamie?

Is that just normal mither/son stuff? I have no idea. My boy greyhounds never behave like that.

Kathy did the unspeakable crime of bringing Jamie a “hot blackcurrant and toast”, then tried to help him with his homework.

That blew up into Jamie berating her for treating him like a kid, (a rather wonderful moment, I thought) of Jamie and Kathy basically saying ‘duh!’ to each other, and Jamie then calling into question Kathy’s ability to do maths.

Shocking!

[Jamie] “You’re just as rubbish as maths as I am. Where do you think I get it from?”

Jamie does admit that he feels out of his depth at maths, but doesn’t want to say anything to his teacher as he reckons he’s the only one struggling – and doesn’t want to look thick.

As Kathy is trying to work out a solution with him, he turns on her like a very affronted hamster:

[Jamie] “Oh yes. Let’s ask Dad, or Kenton … oh no, we can’t can we, cause they’re not here, are they mum … I’ll just go down To the Bull to see Jolene, cause that's where Kenton will be., with her … Or didn’t you know that they were together now!”

Nasty. Nasty little boy.

Kathy was shocked and upset to hear that news, and left the room.

It sounded like Jamie than sighed (I’m guessing that means he knows he went too far), but – I’m very sad to announce – that it looks like Kathy and Jamie are back.

Here we go again. Months upon months of shouting, tantrums, slamming doors and tearful chats with Pat.

*sigh*


Elizabeth won’t be playing rugby for England

But other than that, her operation was “straight forward”

She can’t lift, run or do any contact sport – and also can’t drive for a while.

I reckon Topper needs to return.

Can one ride a horse down a motorway?

2 comments:

WendyCarole said...

today I made the momentous decision to switch off. Ony got as far as the Jolene / kenton kissy bit ugh.

I didn't listen on Friday either. Posted on fb and tweeted that I have given up. I did have a break back in the 80s but have listened since 1950 something.

I might be back listening and I'l cheat by reading your posts.
Thanks in advance for keeping me informed. Oh and I haven't cancelled the pod caste yet!

Inga McVicar said...

Cripes - something must be badly wrong if Ambridge is losing fine folks like yourself.

What pushed you to change that dial?

Happy to be of service where I can. Mind and keep me right!