Monday 14 June 2010

11th June 2010

… Sid’s funeral to take place in New Zealand … Jaxx is quite ‘abstract’ … Kenton still doesn’t get it

  • What about Jamie?
  • I’m a sophisticated professional and I feel at home here
  • “Sid wasn’t my family”


What about Jamie?


Maybe it’s Lucy’s influence, but does Jolene really think that having Sid’s funeral in New Zealand is right?

What about Jamie? Kathy? Fallon? Everyone else?!?

They can still have a memorial when Jolene returns for Sid’s ashes, but that’s probably not enough for most folks.

Still, it’s easy to make judgements on the actions of someone who’s just lost their partner.


I’m a sophisticated professional and I feel at home here

Hmmm. Or is Jaxx just “abstract”?

I’m just not convinced that the Kenton/Jim combo will have resulted in anything classy or akin to (what seems to be their plan) of a London City-boy trend spot.

Time will tell.


“Sid wasn’t my family”


I can accept that Kenton finds it hard to cope with emotions at the best of times. I can also accept that he’s still in mourning for his dad. I can even accept that some folks just can’t handle death or being able to provide support to others who have been bereaved.

But.

Seriously.

Kenton’s being utterly rubbish!

I can see why he’s stressed about the timing, and feels he needs to be at Jaxx, but he surely can think before he speaks.

Kathy’s absolutely right in saying that the bar is more important to him. Can’t he see that Kathy and Jamie are having a horrific time, and badly need his support?

Or, does Kenton really just not care?

2 comments:

Denys said...

i think Kathy will announce upon her return from NZ that she is moving out. i'm flabbergasted that he didn't even call to ask about the funeral... let alone that he pranced around Jaxx moaning that she didn't call to wish him good luck.

these are two people with completely different priorities, at different stages of their life. Kathy deserves better, and Kenton deserves... not even sure who Kenton deserves.

Inga McVicar said...

Spot on Denys.

Kenton is hitting his mid-life crisis with aplomb, leaving Kathy to try and manage on her own.

I generally defend Kenton - everyone seems to just berate or dismiss him - but he's lost me this time.