Friday 4 June 2010

3rd June 2010

  • Ebenezer Archer
  • Do it Pip
  • I’d go to see one pig and a few ferrets!

Ebenezer Archer

Joe Grundy wouldn’t be Joe Grundy if he wasn’t outraged at being charged for something.

I can see David’s point (that he’d be subsidising their profits if he didn’t charge), but have the suspicion that it’s more about not having to deal with the Grundy’s at Open Farm Sunday, rather than the cash.


Do it Pip


What on earth is wrong with Elizabeth?

Why all this interest in Pip?

And why should Pip have to tell her folks about missing an exam? Isn’t she old enough to be coping with her own mistakes? I think Pip is right that it’ll just make them more angry (though if that results on a new assault on Jude, that’s fine by me).

I know Elizabeth has had a checkered past, but this is all a bit too odd. Leave them be Elizabeth. They’ll manage to implode without your assistance.

Bless David for welling up when he was telling Pip that they have a lot of faith in her, and know she won’t let her down. Though, of course, that made it impossible for Pip to tell them about the missed exam.

Still, David and Ruth shouldn’t be putting that kind of pressure onto Pip. I think they shouldn’t be as involved in her College work as they are. She’s not a school kid anymore

(and as an aside – hurrah to the lack of Jude!)


I’d go to see one pig and a few ferrets!


The Grundy’s Open Farm Sunday sounds marvellous.

Especially if they do also have their compost, digger display and their mystery tour of their field.

Though why they think Tom’s sausages are foxy, I don’t know (or did I just hear that wrong?).

And also spare a thought for those campers who are expecting ‘peace and quiet’ but will get ‘fun and frolics for free’ (if Joe doesn’t get his way in charging them extra).

The war over Open Farm Sunday has begun …

6 comments:

Julie Sardinetin said...

How come I have only just discovered your fantastic blog?! Am loving your snippets.

Oh, and yes to the "hurrah to the lack of Jude" - that storyline is seriously starting to get on my wick!

Inga McVicar said...

Cheers for that! It's a labour of love and lovely to have you join in.

Aye to the Jude storyline. Nice to have a few episodes without him saying 'cool' or 'party'. He's just the type to appeal to a young lass, but I'm really hoping he cheats on her/gets swept away while surfing soon. We need rid!

Unknown said...

i can hardly believe it... for a moment there, towards the end of the episode, i genuinely felt sorry for Pip!

oh, poor Clarrie, how does she put up with it all?

Inga McVicar said...

Indeed. It's been hard to feel anything other than frustration with Pip for quite a while.

Clarrie's a martyr to herself. Foot should go down more often, I reckon.

Pamela said...

I just found this website today! I love it!! I have been an Archers addict from girl to woman (quite some timescale!) through the Africa, the Middle East, and now France, it's always been posted to me. I really like your site, well-done.

I want to give Pip a good smacked bottom, I don't care how old she is, she's a twirp and drives me mad. As for Jude!! don't get me started.

What is going to happen to Sid, the hints are being dropped louder than the bells of St. Stephen's?

Inga McVicar said...

HUGE thanks for that! It's lovely to hear that my blog is enjoyed. I only set it up to 'let it all out' after realising that my nearest and dearest couldn't cope (none of them are Archers fans). So it's a massive bonus that I also get to chat with other fans.

I haven't been a fan for as long as you (my parents badly let me down in not being Archers Addicts!), so feel free to jump in and correct me where I make wrong assumptions.

Absolutely agree about Pip. She's a right madam. I also can't find anything new to say about Jude apart from words which would need **** to stop them being too rude.

I think we all expect Sid to come back in a box, but not sure how it'll happen. Or maybe he'll just decide that life in NZ is better than life at the Bull?

Either way - I hope his 'actor' is okay. he didn't sound too well the last few times he spoke. In saying that, I also wish the BBC would stop fielding these 'actors' as if they are actually the residents of Ambridge. We all know that it's real.