Monday 31 October 2011

The Archers Friday 21st October 2011: Will asks Nic to marry him

(as predicted!)
  • Jim and Christine
  • George says sorry
  • Just Good Friends
  • Hilary Noakes has at least one supporter
  • Lynda has no takers
  • A proposal AND she won the Apple Day quiz!



Jim and Christine

Jim does seem keen on Christine. And today, he takes it to a whole new level.

They’re at Lower Loxley’s Apple Day together. Jim reassures Christine that there’s little chance she’ll bump into Clive – as it’s “not in Clive’s line”

[Jim] “A brave woman like you shouldn’t let a coward like Clive Horrobin drive you out of your home”

[Christine] “I’m not at all brave where he’s concerned, Jim”

[Jim] “Well you would be alone. I’m quite prepared to be your constant companion … it’s hardly a penance”

Christine doesn’t want to impose on the always busy Ruth and David, and doesn’t want to put Jill in harm’s way again. She feels a tad ashamed for saying it, but she feels like she needs a man in the house …

And that’s the perfect in for our Jim.


George says sorry

To Nic and Jake for stealing Jake’s fire truck.

Seems Ed and Emma have done a very good job scaring him about prison.


Just Good Friends

(remember that one? I used to really like it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Good_Friends Way better than the ‘will they, won’t they?’ of that bloomin’ coffee advert)

Jim doesn’t waste any time getting his slippers under Christine’s dinner table.

He turns up on her doorstep, suitcase in hand.

[Jim] “I’ve come to stay with you Christine. If you’ll have me”

While Christine is glad, reckons they will have a grand time together, thinks Jim will be a good enough watchdog for her AND Jim makes her laugh – she is worried about what folks will think.

[Jim] “They will think that two friends have decided to spend some time together for their mutual benefit and comfort …”
And Jim offers to put a full page advert in the press telling everyone they’re just friends. After all, there are bigger things to worry about than what the neighbours will say.

[Jim] “I don’t you to be frightened anymore”

Good lad Jim. Good lad.

(though the gossip has already started. Jolene and Mike were having a good natter about it in The Bull)


Hilary Noakes has at least one supporter

She’s finally got a signature on her petition against the bonfire being on the village green.

Guy Fawkes.

Oh tee-hee!


Lynda has no takers

Not even a joke one.

Seems no-one has signed up for Christmas around the world.

Even Vicky has signed. Though she is lending a hand.

[Mike] “Vicky is being Lynda’s beautiful assistant this year”


A proposal AND she won the Apple Day quiz!

What a heady night for Nic.

She and Will won The Bull’s Apple Day quiz.

And as they were leaving:

[Will] “I love you so much Nic. I want to be with you forever,. I want to look after you forever. Say yes … I’m proposing to you. Will you marry me? … I know it isn’t very romantic, under a lamppost in a pub carpark … I’ll go down on my knees if you like …”

[Nic] “I never thought this would happen to me. No has ever … cared for me the way you do”

[Will] “Then let me carry on doing it forever. Marry me Nic”

[Nic] “Yes. Yes of course I will”

Aw. That was sweet.

No reason why this marriage shouldn’t work out for Will.

Is there?

No comments: