Monday 3 October 2011

The Archers Sunday 2nd October 2011: Nic or Emma?

  • Tony asks Kathy to lunch (shock!)
  • Who does Will love?
  • Nic loves will, but …



Tony asks Kathy to lunch (shock!)

Tony’s having a gripe to Pat that Tom selling a few hot dogs at a local fair, and filming pigs, will do little to change their fortunes, when Kathy turns up at the farm.

[Tony] “Oh lord … she’s not staying for lunch is she?”

But, Tony soon changes his tune when Kathy offers to lend them money.

Only a few thousand pounds – but it’s her savings, and she’s offering without being asked.

[Pat] “It’s such a long time since someone was on our side”

They are ever so grateful to Kathy but don’t say yes outright. They’re seeing their bank manager on Tuesday (but why not take a few thousand to start the ball rolling)?

Then the shocker …

[Tony] “Thanks Kathy … why not stay for lunch?”

Blimey!

And Kathy gives them a box of fudge. The surprises just keep coming.

Later on – Tony feels guilty about all the times he’s moaned about Kathy, yet she shows her true colours when they really need help.

[Tony] “You find out who your real friends at times like this, and sometimes they’re more generous than your family”

Tell that to Jennifer …


Who does Will love?

Will’s telling Clarrie his woes.

[Will] “I was brought up short by something Nic said on Friday”

He tells Clarrie about the nasty message from Andrew that had Nic in tears, and when he heard about it he wanted to go round and “sort it out”. He reckons Nic was worried that he’d:

[Will] “Loose control, I suppose … he shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it mum, a verbal bully … she doesn’t trust me not to go off on one … I don’t want her thinking I'm this thug, but what am I meant to do to defend her ... fighting back is what I've always done?”

Clarrie understand that’s Will’s way – but it does break her heart that Will and Ed (who Nic is comparing Will and Andrew to) don’t get on.

[Clarrie] “Well I have to believe you care for each other underneath it all … I know it’s you way, you defend the people you love … it does seem to me that somehow you’re always there when someone needs protection, maybe that’s why you fight your brother … are you completely over her?”

(blimey!)

[Will] "I love Nic, more and more with every day that goes by”

[Clarrie] “I know that love, but that weren’t my question …”

And frustratingly – the hidden microphones got switched somewhere else before we get to hear Will answer that.

*hmpf*

So what do we reckon – is Will still really in love with Emma?


Nic loves will, but …

… as I said above, does Will love Nic more than Emma?

Nic’s explaining why she was so upset by Andrew’s nasty words, and also by Will’s rather aggressive reaction to them.

[Nic] “My relationship with him is balanced on a knife edge”

Seems Andrew can still upset Nic, but she has to keep him onside for the sake of the kids.

(really? Sounds like they’d also be better off without him)

So – Will steaming in would tip the edge with Andrew – and make life hell for Nic. It’s not that she still loves Andrew – Andrew just still has the power to hurt her and make her “feel small”.

[Will] “It really threw me, that you didn’t trust me to sort things out with him”

Nic tells Will that she does trust him. That she feels he’s the ‘real’ dad of Jake and Mia. And:

[Nic] “It’s wonderful having you in my life Will. Honestly, I’ve never been happier”

Oh dear.

Nic is besotted with Will. But, has Clarrie’s question made Will think (for once)?

No comments: