Saturday 15 October 2011

The Archers Thursday 13th October 2011: Adam is most certainly not amused

  • Will forgot his sandwiches
  • Will’s not happy about Clive
  • Will, a wallpaper?
  • Adam is not for turning



Will forgot his sandwiches

But it’s okay.

Nic brought then to him. And brought her own. So they had lunch together.


Will’s not happy about Clive

Join the queue!

Seems Emma has been ringing about George being there to meet Clive.

[Will] “I’m not really happy about it … why she’s doing it?”

[Nic] “To please her grandmother”

[Will] “Well, that’s not worth upsetting George for”

Clive really is stirring it already.

Emma doesn’t want him there. Will doesn’t want him there. George doesn’t know him (as Will and Nic said – Clive means nothing to him – Will would rather it stayed that way). But as Clive has his mother’s love, he can turn the situation to his advantage.
What his game is, I don’t know.

Do we think he just genuinely wants to meet his nephews and niece?

But – knowing this isn’t Emma’s fault, and they’re all in a difficult position, Will agrees for George to meet Clive.


Will, a wallpaper?

Will wants to be “in the background” when Nic next goes to see Andrew.

No chance, I thought. Will’s not for blending!

But low and behold – they went to see Andrew, and Will did nothing but stick to the shadows.

Seems Andrew had split up with his girlfriend, which is why he was being so off with Nic, and rubbish in dealing with the kids.

[Nic] “He did say he was sorry, will. You heard him”

Nic reckons Andrew “really opened up”.

So hopefully that’s that then.

[Nic] “Having you there Will, quietly backing me up. It made the difference”

[Will] “You’ve got me. I’m always going to be there for you Nic”

[Nic] “I’m sorry I misjudged you … I thought you’d get into a slanging match, I should have known better”

[Will] “No. I’m glad you said it. Really glad”

[Nic] “Oh Will, I feel I can face anything with you here”

Aw.

Seriously – wedding bells!

They haven’t got much time if we’re to enjoy a Christmas wedding in Ambridge!


Adam is not for turning

Brian tells Adam about the Super Dairy plans.

To say Adam is not happy is to put it very mildly indeed.

[Adam] “Damn right I have some questions … I can’t believe what you’ve just told me … I don’t know where to start … perhaps with this outstanding act of betrayal by my sister … she cooks up this entire scenario behind my back without a word to me … over my dead body!”

Brian starts fibbing again, claiming that some other BL board member had come up with the suggestion of Home Farm being part of the Super Dairy.

Then Debbie comes in:

[Debbie] “Nothing is going to happen without you agreeing to it or being consulted”

[Adam] “Why couldn’t you have been straight about it … you can’t have much confidence in this scheme, Debbie, if you thought the only way I’d agree if you presented me with a fait accompli”

Brian leaves, and Debbie tires to persuade Adam that it’s actually Brian that mishandled everything. That Brian should have let Debbie talk to Adam first.

But, Adam isn’t one for feeling calm and rationale right now,

[Adam] “The scale … fells so wrong … cows should be outside not farmed for 360 days per year”

But Debbie explains that the cows will be in roomy and clean accommodation, that most farm animals don’t get the ‘natural environment' they should have.

Adam is worried about changing all of Home Farm’s land to arable. That it’ll loose diversity.

Debbie reckons it means they have more control. That it’s actually a “perfect circle.

[Adam] “People round here won’t think it’s perfect; They’ll see an industrial sized unit like this as a threat to three very popular farms. It could be a PR disaster”

And Adam is worried about his sheep and venison businesses.

He's actually worried about his business.

They’re trying to change it all without him.

Adam sees it as a “takeover”. That it was meant to be Debbie doing the arable, him doing the rest. That Debbie now wants the rest for arable, which leaves him with nothing.

[Debbie] “It's a radical rethinking. The world’s changed, we need to change with it”

But please note – Debbie then talked about how she and Adam need to now renegotiate the deal they have with Brian. Which Brian doesn’t know about, as yet.

Ah – crafty Debbie.

This might not all turn out as well as Brian planned.

While Adam thinks that the Super Diary would be wrong for Home Farm – and totally the wrong scale for Ambridge – Debbie’s mind is on bigger things.

As well as the Dairy, she’s also thinking about how:

[Debbie] “Divisions of labour won’t work anymore … tear up and start again”

Seriously. I think Brian might be in trouble …

No comments: